Updated August 27, 2020
Cincinnati Police Auction to be held on September 19, 2020 at 10:00AM.
Highlights of this Police Impound Auction include:
A current list has not been published. I will update this post as soon as I have the list.
Lots of cool vehicles at this sale. It was hard to slim the list down to these picks. I generally try to stop at my top 5. These are my top picks. You may look at the full list and find something I didn’t mention.
New Rules at the Impound Auction
As a result of protocols related to the COVID-19 Pandemic, there are some changes to the rules and the auction process. I encourage you to know before you go.
Preview will be held the Friday before the auction from 12:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
Hands must be sanitized before entering the Impound Unit Lobby and Auction Area
Hand sanitizer will be provided
All bidders on City of Cincinnati property will be required to wear a face covering
Those without a face covering will not be admitted, and anyone who removes the face covering will be escorted off the property
Only 35 bidders will be allowed on a first come, first serve basis
Only one bidder at a time in the lobby
Only one bidder per ticket
No more than ten people will be admitted to the auction area at a time
No less than six feet between bidders, designated by ground markings
All bidders will take direction from the police officer stationed at the entrance to the auction area and from the auctioneer inside the auction area
If not interested in bidding on a vehicle, participants will be directed to stand and wait on a marker until the bidding begins on the desired vehicle(s)
Once finished bidding, all bidders must leave the auction area to pay for their purchase or leave the premises
Purchasers will wait in line on the designated spaces to pay
The line will form on the first space six feet from the lobby door
Only one purchaser will be allowed in the lobby at a time
Here is an article I wrote about how the COVID-19 Pandemic is impacting Auctioneers and clients.
Police Impound Auction Terms
- Police Impound Lot Gates open at 9:00am and bidding starts at 10:00am.
- All Vehicles have been held for at least forty-five days.
- All vehicles must be towed off of the impound lot.
- All auction participants must obtain a bid number.
- All auction participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- All sales are final. All cars are sold “As Is/Where Is”.
- Terms of the sale are CASH or CREDIT ONLY due immediately after the sale.
- Successful bidders must remove all vehicles from the Impound Unit premises by the close of business the Tuesday night following the auction or storage fees will be assessed at $25.00 (plus tax) per day
- All Sales are final, All vehicles are sold on an AS-IS basis.
- Most vehicles are sold on Salvage titles. Any that are sold with a clear title will be marked as such.
- If it says KEY on the windshield, they have a key for it. If it is not labeled, they do not have the keys.
- Please do your due-diligence before bidding.
Cincinnati Police Auctions are typically held on the first and third Saturday of each month. Bidders can expect about 35 vehicles at a typical sale.
Cincinnati Police Impound on Spring Grove Avenue
Just south of the I-74/I-75 interchange.