Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the Columbus Police Department has indefinitely postponed impound lot auctions. As soon as they announce a sale, I will update this post.
This is a public auto auction. Anyone over 18 years of age with a valid I.D. may register for a bid number.
Police Auction Rules
- All vehicles are sold in “AS IS” condition and most are sold on salvage titles
- Admission is free; however, all bidders must be at least 18 years of age
- All bidders must provide identification and register to bid before the auction begins
- Payment is due by 1:00pm on the day of the auction for all winning bids
- All vehicles purchased must be removed from the sale lot by noon on the Wednesday after the auction
- While cash is the preferred method of payment, checks may be accepted if the following conditions have been met: 1. You have a signed letter with you from your bank stating you have sufficient funds, and 2. Your letter has been approved by Impounding Unit staff during registration.
My Top Picks
Lots of cool vehicles at this public auto auction. It was hard to slim the list down to these picks. I generally try to stop at my top 5. These are my top picks. You may look at the full list and find something I didn’t mention.
|TBD||TBD||TBD||Check Back Often|
Bidders can expect about 35 vehicles at this public auto auction.
Registration begins at 8:30am on the day of the auction.
Public viewing of auction items is from 8:00am until 10:00am on the day of the auction.
All auctions begin at 10:00am.
Police Impound Lot Auctions are held at the Columbus Police Impound Lot located at 2700 Impound Lot Road, Columbus, OH 43207.